WHO WE ARE
This policy describes how JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) will use your Personal Information if you choose to share your Personal Information with JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA). JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) uses your Personal Information to help you quickly find goods, services or information on the site and to continue to communicate with you regarding goods or services you may be interested in.
If you choose not to have your Personal Information used as a basis for further contact with you by JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA), you may “opt out”. If you choose not to give us your Personal Information, you can still use most of this site. You merely will not be able to access areas that require registration.
JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) does not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from children and does not provide services designed to allow children to make their Personal Information available online. Nor does JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) take specific steps to protect the privacy of children who disclose their Personal Information to it. If you are under the age of 13, you should not disclose your Personal Information to JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA).
Depending on how you interact with us, will determine how we process your data:
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our website collects information in several ways.
Personally identifiable information
Some Personal Information is gathered when you register.
During registration, our site asks you for a username, password, your name, telephone number, email address, company name, and address. To register, you must provide all this information. Once you register you are no longer anonymous to jfefood.com or its subdomains and can take full advantage of the site.
In addition, we keep copies of information you submit when you send email feedback to us, ask a technical question, or report a problem. If you contact us in writing through our website, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We also occasionally ask users to complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
We do not intend to collect any sensitive Personal Information on our website and therefore you should not include any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., data relating to your health, finances, sexual orientation, religion, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions) on your profile or otherwise on our website.
Usage Data is collected automatically when you access our website.
Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or when you access the website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking technologies and cookies
HOW YOUR DATA IS USED
Our primary goal in collecting Personal Information is to provide you with customized and relevant information when you visit the website. We also research our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us through registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We also use your information for the purposes of occasional direct marketing activities.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
· To provide and maintain our website, including to monitor the usage of our website.
· To manage your Account: to manage your registration. The Personal Information that you provide can give you access to different functionalities as a registered user.
· For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased.
· To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
· To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
· To manage your requests us.
· For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
· We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, products, services, marketing and your experience.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) never sells, rents, or gives away information that personally identifies customers to third parties except in the case where one or more of our businesses may be outsourced and the provision of such information is an essential part of the service requirement.
We may share your Personal Information in the following situations:
· With Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website, for payment processing, to contact you and to send targeted marketing materials to you and other JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) customers.
· For business transfers: We may share or transfer your Personal Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
· With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions. From time to time, we may release aggregated marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with prior consent.
· With other users: When you share Personal Information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
· With your consent: We may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose with your consent.
· Special cases: We may also disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) rights or property, other jfeood.com users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. In addition, JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) may disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
· Fraud detection and prevention: Where we collect Personal Information from our end users for the purpose of fraud detection and prevention, we will share the Personal Information with a third-party service provider for such purpose.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Collection, use and distribution of my information
We may, from time to time, send you email regarding our products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. Only jfefood.com or its subdomains (or agents working on behalf of jfefood.com and its subdomains under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings. If you do not want to receive email messages from us, you can easily opt out of our emails using the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of our marketing emails. If you do not wish to receive other forms of direct mail promotions from us, then please contact JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) by calling 1-713-463-7777.
Policy on updating, correcting, deleting your Personal Information
We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased, rectified, amended, or completed by calling 1-713-463-7777.
If you are a Californian resident you have additional rights that can be exercised, please click here.
Retention of your Personal Information
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information, including Personal Information, is processed at our operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Your submission of your Personal Information represents your agreement to that transfer.
SECURITY MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) has implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Personal Information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All our employees and Service Providers, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of Personal Information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ Personal Information. We ensure that your Personal Information will not be disclosed to State institutions and authorities except if required by law, regulation or by a court of competent jurisdiction or a duly authorized administrative or legislative authority.
We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. We will not “transfer” accounts among customers. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal or business information if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN UNION AND UK CUSTOMERS
If you purchase Products from JFE Foods (Snowfox USA), your data will be transferred to the United States of America. Any data transferred will only be such data as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and JFE Foods (Snowfox USA).
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
· Request access
· Request correction
· Request erasure
· Object to processing
· Request restriction of processing
· Request the transfer.
· Withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using email@example.com.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Categories of Personal Information Collected
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular Consumer or Device. The following is a list of categories of Personal Information which we may collect or may have been collected from California residents within the last twelve (12) months.
Please note that the categories and examples provided in the list below are those defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). This does not mean that all examples of that category of Personal Information were in fact collected by us, but reflects our good faith belief to the best of our knowledge that some of that information from the applicable category may be and may have been collected. For example, certain categories of Personal Information would only be collected if you provided such Personal Information directly to us.
Collected by us
Category A: Identifiers
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
Category B: Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
: A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information)
Category D: Commercial information
Records and history of products or services purchased or considered
Category E: Biometric information
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
Interaction with our Service or advertisement
Category G: Geolocation data
Approximate physical location
Category H: Sensory data
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Category I: Professional or employment-related information
Current or past job history or performance evaluations
Category J: Non-public education information
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records
Category K: Inferences drawn from other Personal Information
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
Under CCPA, Personal Information does not include:
· Publicly available information from government records
· Deidentified or aggregated consumer information
· Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
· Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data
· Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994
Sources of Personal Information
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
· Directly from you. For example, from the forms you complete, preferences you express or provide through our website, or from your purchases of our product.
· Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your activity on our website.
· Automatically from you. For example, through cookies we or our Service Providers set on your Device as you navigate through our website.
· From Service Providers. For example, third-party vendors to monitor and analyze the use of our website, third-party vendors for payment processing, or other third-party vendors that we use.
Use of Personal Information for Business Purposes or Commercial Purposes
We may use or disclose Personal Information we collect for “business purposes” or “commercial purposes” (as defined under the CCPA), which may include the following examples:
· To operate our website and provide you with our service.
· To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our website.
· To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your contact information to ask a question about our website, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery.
· To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
· As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
· For internal administrative and auditing purposes.
· To detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, including, when necessary, to prosecute those responsible for such activities.
Please note that the examples provided above are not intended to be exhaustive. For more details on how we use this information, please refer to the “How your data is used” section above.
Disclosure of Personal Information for Business Purposes or Commercial Purposes
We may use or disclose and may have used or disclosed in the last twelve (12) months the following categories of Personal Information for business or commercial purposes:
· Category A: Identifiers
· Category B: Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
· Category D: Commercial information
· Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
Please note that the categories listed above are those defined in the CCPA. This does not mean that all examples of that category of Personal Information were in fact disclosed, but reflects our good faith belief to the best of our knowledge that some of that information from the applicable category may be and may have been disclosed.
When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose or a commercial purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Sale of Personal Information
As defined in the CCPA, “sell” and “sale” mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s Personal Information by the business to a third party for valuable consideration. This means that we may have received some kind of benefit in return for sharing Personal Information, but not necessarily a monetary benefit.
Please note that the categories listed below are those defined in the CCPA. This does not mean that all examples of that category of Personal Information were in fact sold, but reflects our good faith belief to the best of our knowledge that some of that information from the applicable category may be and may have been shared for value in return.
We may sell and may have sold in the last twelve (12) months the following categories of Personal Information:
· Category A: Identifiers
· Category B: Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
· Category D: Commercial information
· Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Sale of Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age
We do not sell the Personal Information of Consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the Consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a Consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to the sale of Personal Information may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by contacting us.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 (or 16) has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us with sufficient detail to enable us to delete that information.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information identified in the above categories with the following categories of third parties:
· Service Providers
· Payment processors
· Our affiliates
· Our business partners
· Third party vendors to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we provide to you
Your rights under CCPA
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
· The right to notice. You have the right to be notified which categories of Personal Information are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Information is being used.
· The right to request. Under CCPA, you have the right to request that we disclose information to you about our collection, use, sale, disclosure for business purposes and share of Personal Information. Once we receive and confirm your request, we will disclose to you:
o The categories of Personal Information we collected about you
o The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you
o Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information
o The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information
o The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you
o If we sold your Personal Information or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, we will disclose to you:
§ The categories of Personal Information categories sold
§ The categories of Personal Information categories disclosed
· The right to say no to the sale of Personal Information (opt-out). You have the right to direct us to not sell your Personal Information. To submit an opt-out request please contact us.
· The right to delete Personal Information. You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your request, we will delete (and direct our Service Providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our Service Providers to:
o Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
o Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
o Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
o Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
o Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
o Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
o Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
o Comply with a legal obligation.
o Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
· The right not to be discriminated against. you have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your consumer’s rights, including by:
o Denying goods or services to you
o Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
o Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
o Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
Exercising your rights under CCPA
In order to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us:
· By visiting this page on our website: https://jfefood.com/contact/
· By sending us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information.
Your request to us must:
· Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative
· Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with the required information if we cannot:
· Verify your identity or authority to make the request
· And confirm that the Personal Information relates to you
· We will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable request’s receipt.
For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. Once we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, if we are selling your Personal Information we will stop selling it. To exercise your right to opt-out, please contact us.
The Service Providers we partner with (for example, our analytics or advertising partners) may use technology on the website that sells Personal Information as defined by the CCPA law. If you wish to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser you use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use.
You can opt out of receiving ads that are personalized as served by our Service Providers by following our instructions presented on the website:
· The NAI’s opt-out platform: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
· The EDAA’s opt-out platform http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
· The DAA’s opt-out platform: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
The opt out will place a cookie on your computer that is unique to the browser you use to opt out. If you change browsers or delete the cookies saved by your browser, you will need to opt out again.
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
· “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices
· “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
“Do Not Track” Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Your California Privacy Rights (California’s Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you’d like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 allows California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account.
Be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) does not provide the technologies used to build its site, and therefore neither recommends nor endorses the same. Any information regarding identified technologies, their capabilities, limitations, applications, etc., should be sought directly from their manufacturers.
JFE Franchising (Snowfox USA) hereby disclaims any rights to trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyrights, patents, domain names or other intellectual property interests of third parties
CONTACT US AND POLICY CHANGES
· By visiting this page on our website: https://jfefood.com/contact/
· By sending us an email: email@example.com